The Network began its activities in March 2011, funded by the Spanish Ministry for Science and Innovation (Complementary Action HAR2010-11432-E) joining sixty seven groups, distributed in three activity areas: research groups of the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) and of different Spanish universities; cultural institutions, foundations and museums; and private enterprises. The Network aims to foster the colaboration between the elements of the science-technology-enterprise system to ease the sharing of ideas and experiences helping in the resolution of problems and allow the transfer of technology with the common goal of contributing to the conservation of Cultural Heritage.
The different activities planned for the Network along the next three years are focused to:
- Encourage the different groups, currently scattered in different scientific areas, through the coordination of activities;
- Reach the institutional recognition of the activities and the promotion of the member groups through priority actions;
- Foster the collaboration between groups in order to create a critical mass through its partnership at national and European research projects; and
- Create an appropriate projection of the Network through collaboration with similar European groups to facilitate access to international consortia and projects.
Estructura de coordinación:
- Coordinator: Cesáreo Sáiz Jiménez (IRNAS-CSIC, Sevilla)
- Vice-coordinator CSIC groups: Emilio Cano Díaz (CENIM-CSIC, Madrid)
- Vice-coordinator university groups: Margarita San Andrés Moya (UCM, Madrid)
- Vice-coordinator cultural institutions: Marián del Egido (IPCE, Madrid)
- Vice-coordinator enterprises: Enrique Sanz Rubio (Geomnia Natural Resources SLNE, Madrid)
- Secretary: Miguel Ángel Rogerio Candelera (IRNAS-CSIC, Sevilla)