Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage
NEW DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: MAY 14, 2012
Aim and Topics:
Organized by the Spanish Network on Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage (Technoheritage), the objective of the congress is to create an interdisciplinary forum for discussion on all aspects of cultural heritage conservation, providing at the same time an up-to-date and comprehensive picture of the state-of-the-art of investigations.
The ultimate aim is to promote networking among European research teams and strengthen the foundation of scientific and technological research, overcoming the barriers of exchanging information on coordinated research applied to the protection of tangible cultural heritage in Europe.
The participation of researchers and professionals from the art-history-conservation-maintenance-restoration areas and the architectural-chemical-physics-engineering areas will stimulate cooperation and integration between otherwise heterogeneous fields.
The congress is dedicated to the following topics:
1. Environmental assessment and monitoring (pollution, climate change, natural events, etc.) of Cultural Heritage;
2. Agents and mechanisms of deterioration of Cultural Heritage (physical, chemical, biological), including deterioration of modern materials used in Contemporary Art and information storage;
3. Development of new instruments, non invasive technologies and innovative solutions for analysis, protection and conservation of Cultural Heritage;
4. New products and materials for conservation and maintenance of Cultural Heritage;
5. Preservation of industrial and rural heritage from the 19th and 20th centuries;
6. Security technologies, Remote sensing and Geographical Information Systems for protection and management of Cultural Heritage;
7. Significance and social value of Cultural Heritage;
8. Policies for conservation of Cultural Heritage.
Deadline for Abstract submission and preliminary inscription: April 30th, 2012
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org